Using the Tram System in Athens:
• Prior to boarding, purchase tickets or unlimited-use cards from the ticket counters or the vending machines.
• Validate your ticket at the machines located at the stations.
• For your safety, use the handrails when standing inside the tram.
• Smoking, eating or drinking is not allowed aboard trams.
• When preparing to disembark, press the button next to the door; once the tram has stopped, press the green button on the door.
• The emergency button and emergency brake inside the vehicle should be used only in an emergency.
• Use the appropriate rubbish receptacles.
• Don’t place stickers or draw graffiti on walls or any other surfaces, inside or outside the tram.
• At the tram stops, only use tram equipment specified for use by the public.
• Offer your seat to those who may need it more than you (the elderly, the disabled, pregnant women, etc…).
For more information on the Tram system, click here.