German Archaeological Institute

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery


Built between 1887 and 1897, this beautiful four-storey building has always been home to the German Archaeological Institute. Based on designs by Ziller, the house was built at the corner of Charilaou Trikoupi and Fidiou Streets, next to the older von Austen residence.

Of particular interest is the design of the second floor, featuring rectangular surfaces painted in bold reds, a concept Ziller also employed at the Megas Alexandros and Baggeion Hotels.

The building, recently renovated, is one of Athens’ architectural jewels.

Additional Info

Name: German Archaeological Institute
Address: 1, Fidiou St, Athens
District: Central Athens
Phone: (+30) 210 3307400
Transportation: Metro Red Line (2): Panepistimio Station

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play