Areteion Hospital

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery


Owned by the University of Athens, this hospital on Vasilissis Sofias Street was designed by Elias Aggelopoulos and Ioannis Ioannou, and built between 1896 and 1898.

Construction was enabled by a bequest from the estate of University of Athens surgery professor Theodoros Constantinidis-Areteion. This neoclassical building with an impressive façade is home to the University General Hospital.

The property includes the small church of St. Theodoroi, endowed by Theodoros’ brother, Georgios.

Additional Info

Name: Areteion Hospital
Address: 76, Vassilissis Sofias St, Athens
District: Central Athens
Transportation: Metro Blue Line (3): Megaro Moussikis Station

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play