Hippokrateion Hospital

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery


Designed by distinguished architect Dimitrios Kallias, the original building of the Hippokration Hospital on Vasilissis Sofias Street was constructed at the turn of the 20th century and financed by Gregorios Maraslis, to house the Marasleion Chemistry Laboratory.

During the war years between 1912 and 1922, the building was converted into a hospital, and by 1922 was home to the newly established Refugee Hospital of Athens, carrying that title until 1935 when it was renamed Hippokration. After the war of 1964-1966, an eight-storey building was constructed behind the old complex, which now houses most of the hospital’s services.

Additionally, the Church of Luke the Evangelist, which currently operates within the hospital, was erected in 1958. The entire complex was fully renovated in the early 21st century.

 

Additional Info

Name: Hippokrateion Hospital
Address: 114, Vassilissis Sofias Ave, Athens
District: Central Athens
Transportation: Metro Blue Line (3): Megaro Moussikis Station

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play