Lavrion Fish Market

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery

Lavrion Fish Market

The Hellenic Mining Company constructed the Fish Market in 1885 behind the main street and central square of Lavrion. Forming a ‘U’ shape, the market features three entrances leading to an open, paved area for the market and a fountain.

Designed by Ernst Ziller, the area quickly became known as Ziller’s Market, and is a distinguished example of neoclassical architecture. Although the complex still operates as a fish and meat market, it also features traditional snack and ouzo bars.

Additional Info

Name: Lavrion Fish Market
Address: Behind the central square of Lavrion, Lavrion
District: East Attica

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play