Panagitsa church (Aegina)

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery

Visible from the coast of Aegina, the magnificent church of Panagitsa is located just outside Aegina’s marina. Dedicated to the Virgin Mary, the church was built using pouri, the soft local stone also used to build the Temple of Aphaia.

Built in 1673, the domed basilica with vaulted arches remained in its original form until 1906, when it was rebuilt. The government used the church to house refugees seeking asylum in 1826.

 

Additional Info

Name: Panagitsa church in Aegina
Area: Aegina

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play