Archaeological Museum of Eleusis

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery


Located near the Lycurgan cross-wall that separated the ancient sacred site from the main city of Eleusis, this small museum is the result of a large archaeological excavation.

Based on designs by architect Ioannis Moussisa, the original five-room facility was expanded to six in 1892 to make room for the abundant archaeological discoveries being made in the area.

The museum exhibits an array of artefacts outlining the history of Eleusis, from 1900 BC to the early Christian era.

 

Additional Info

Name: Archaeological Museum of Eleusis
District: West Attica
Phone: (+30) 210 5546019
Opening Hours: Tue-Sun: 8:00-15:00
Mon: Closed
Transportation: Suburban Railway: Magoula Station

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play