Kifissia Park

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery

Kifissia ParkKifissia ParkKifissia ParkKifissia Park

Originally home to “the Beast”, the railway’s loud steam engine, this park was created in 1885 by the railroad company to compensate the residents of Kifissia who were disturbed by the sight and sound of the locomotive.

The compensation package included the company’s purchase of the area between the railway station and a lone tree that belonged to a wealthy merchant from Constantinople, Stephen Georganta. The adjacent pigsties and wasteland were also purchased, renovated and replanted, transforming the area into lush parkland.

Today, Kifissia Park is an exciting community centre. Many distinguished Athenians used to take the train every afternoon to have ice cream at the Park's confectionary. Among them, El. Venizelos, G. Drossinis, A. Diligiannis, and E. Benakis.

The park’s annual flower show, hosted every spring since 1937, is always a big draw.

Additional Info

Name: Kifissia Park
Area: Kifissia
District: North Suburbs
Transportation: Metro Green Line (1): Kifissia Station

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play