Nea Philadelpheia Park

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery


Covering some 480 hectares, Nea Philadelphia Park features a wide variety of flora.

Originally planted in 1914, many of the park’s trees were cut down during German occupation in World War II. New planting began in 1948, eventually replacing trees that had been destroyed and adding new ones through the 1990s.

In 1966, an artificial lake was added, and in 1959 the grove of trees was fenced in and the outdoor cinema began showing films. A tourist kiosk was later constructed next to the lake.

Covering some 480 hectares, Nea Philadelphia Park features a wide variety of flora.

Originally planted in 1914, many of the park’s trees were cut down during German occupation in World War II. New planting began in 1948, eventually replacing trees that had been destroyed and adding new ones through the 1990s.

In 1966, an artificial lake was added, and in 1959 the grove of trees was fenced in and the outdoor cinema began showing films. A tourist kiosk was later constructed next to the lake.

Additional Info

Name: The Nea Philadelpheia Park
Area: Nea Philadelpheia
District: West Suburbs
Transportation: Metro Green Line (1): Pefkakia Station
Metro Green Line (1): Perissos Station

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play