The Main Building of the National Bank of Greece

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery

Believe it or not, the main building of the National Bank of Greece was once two separate buildings. The building to the left was originally a lavish residence, which was purchased in 1845 by Georgios Stavrou, who turned it into the first branch of the National Bank of Greece in Athens.

On the right, stood the England Hotel owned by Fragiskos Feraldis. This building was purchased by the bank in the 1850s and the two buildings, which now form part of the bank’s logo, were combined into a single structure in the late 19th century.

Additional Info

Name: The Main Building of the National Bank of Greece
Address: 86, Eolou St, Athens
District: Central Athens
Transportation: Metro Green (1) or Blue (3) Line: Monastiraki Station

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play