Eidek Castle in Bourtzi

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery

Eidek Castle offers a great view of the entrance to Bourtzi Island’s cove. Now in ruins, the castle was built by the German military official, K. G. Eidek in 1827.

Sadly, the Chapel of St. Constantine, which had previously occupied the site, was demolished in order to allow the completion of the castle.

The castle was later used by Miaoulis during the civil conflict with Kapodistrias ace been declared an archaeological site.

Today, the uninhabited island can be accessend by the German Navy during their World War II occupation. After the war it became an ammunition warehouse and has sind by boat or by swimming.

Sadly, the Chapel of St. Constantine, which had previously occupied the site, was demolished in order to allow the completion of the castle.

Additional Info

Name: Eidek Castle in Bourtzi (Poros)
Address: Bourtzi Island, Poros
Area: Poros

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play