University of Athens School of Law

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery

The Law School is the oldest building on the University of Athens campus and was built in the 1930s, in a minimalist architectural style.

Originally opened in 1837 at the Kleanthi residence on the Old University campus in Plaka, it moved to the central building in 1860 and became part of the “Athenian Trilogy”. It was later moved to its current location and saw extensive reconstruction.

The Law School is inextricably linked to the chaotic uprisings of 1967-1974, when students protested against the military dictatorship. In February 1973, these protests escalated into a major riot, with 4,000 students from all over Athens occupying the school in defiance of the junta. Though the protesters evacuated the building the next day, they had managed to make their demands known throughout Greece. In the courtyard of the school, a plaque reminds younger generations of this powerful student movement.

Additional Info

Name: Athens University School of Law
Address: 45, Akadimias Str, Athens
District: Central Athens
Phone: (+30) 210 3688646
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Transportation: Metro Red Line (2): Panepistimio Station

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play