The Baths of the Aerides

 Add to Wish List

Image Gallery

These Turkish baths, located on Kyrristou Street in Plaka, were built during the years of the Ottoman occupation. Extensively damaged during the siege of the Acropolis by Kioutahi Pasha in 1827, they were later repaired and modernised by King Otto.

After being abandoned in the 1960s, the Ministry of Culture restored the building and turned it into an exhibition venue in the 1980s and 1990s.

Additional Info

Name: The Baths of the Aerides
Address: 8, Kirristou St & Lysiou, Plaka
District: Central Athens
Phone: (+30) 210 3244340
Transportation: Metro Red Line (2): Acropoli Station

Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Available on AppStore Get it on Google play